Saturday 2 February 2013

6 months.. in Japan

We've been here for 6 months now!! =) It doesn't feel like we've been here for that amount of time though..

The snow from Sunday didn't disappear until about 3-4pm on Monday. I think someone made a biggish snowman. There were two big whitish looking balls out the front of the building next to us. I originally thought they were some kind of concrete balls that had been dug out from somewhere. One of them is still melting!

Today I went with Sam to his school for a little bit as year 6 students from nearby elementary schools were checking out the different school clubs. We got to eat mochi afterwards!! They were making them at the back of the school. There were three different types: daikon and soy, soy and sugar and a kinako (roasted soy bean flour) one. You could get as many of the different types as you wanted, which was awesome! Would have brought a container with me if I knew. The kinako one was my favourite. I've never tried a daikon one. It was interesting - it tasted mostly like cooked daikon and soy with mochi texture. =P Got to meet a lot of students and teachers as well. They were all really friendly and quite surprised? to see me.

Teachers and parents pounding the mochi


One of my kinako mochi. Looks like a piece of schnitzel.. Hehe..

No comments:

Post a Comment