Sunday 30 December 2012

We made coin purses!!

Today we went to Tokyu Hands after ramen as I wanted to buy a paint tube squeezer for my hand cream. I was unsuccessful in the end but on one of the basement levels they have a crafts section (which I only visited by mistake the other week). It has leather, leather tools, buttons and other items you would use for making your own goods. They had a little desk set up that said you could make a leather coin purse for 500yen, or make an appointment to make a leather purse tomorrow. After the couple that was there finished their coin purses we had ago. And below is our finished product. It was surprisingly easy, although I kind of broke mine already!!   ( -.-) I hammered one part in a bit wonky.



This past week has been fun hanging out with Sam as he took pretty much the whole week off. We are now also proud owners of Settlers of Catan. We ordered it off Amazon Japan on Monday and received it on Christmas morning (whilst Sam was at school). We invited some friends over on Wednesday and Friday night to play and have nabe. And.. I won my first game on Friday night! Whoooo !!!


Friday's nabe

Since Sam has time off I often get cooked super tasty breakfast including french toast and scrambled eggs.

Delicious french toast. Just needed some ricotta on the top!

1 comment:

  1. that nabe looks especially good! and that french toast too! I love using brioche for french toast. Glad you've had a nice little break with Sam too xx

    ReplyDelete