Tuesday 16 October 2012

Missing aussie chocolate..

Getting lazy with posting.. =P Made a bento with some extra chicken katsu for Sam last week. Been making some tuna-mayo onigiri recently. I actually really like them! Easy to make, taste good, not too much seaweed and very filling! =) They're a lot better than the sushi rolls you get in Sydney. Made a fried noodle bento on Monday. Wasn't as good as the first time we did stir-fry noodles and I went a little overboard with the salt. Here are some pics:

Katsu bento

Tuna onigiri

Stir-fry noodle bento

I have really been missing blocks of normal chocolate/chocolate in Australia for the past couple of weeks! Most of the chocolate here has a unique taste to it.. I don't know how to describe it though. I have tried a few different brands and varieties since we've been here with no luck. Did find a nice one today called Meltykiss made by Meiji. It's a new variety that I saw in the supermarket today. It reminds me of a truffle. And of course, they are all individually wrapped as are most things you buy here.



Disappointment in a packet

Inside view
I bought the snack above thinking it would have a soft mousse like texture. It was the complete opposite. It was hard and tasted bad.

It has started to get darker earlier. I wonder how early it will get dark in winter. When we visitied mum in London around Dec-Jan it seemed to get dark at around 3-4pm (according to my memories.. =P). It's nice walking around and seeing trees with some of their leaves having turned red. Can't wait to visit Kyoto with Lucinda (Sam's sister) when she comes in November! I have heard they have really pretty autumn leaf viewing spots. =D


1 comment:

  1. Very much looking forward to Kyoto too. Not long to go now.

    PS. Am bringing chocolate! Happy coincidence.

    ReplyDelete