Saturday 27 October 2012

Missing baking..

Have been missing baking the past few days. =( Haven't really been game enough to try baking a cake in our microwave. Been feeling like eating carrot cake/ cheesecake. Carrot cake seems to be a strange concept here in Japan. I admit the first time I heard of carrot cake it didn't sound very good. The idea of a vegetable being in a cake did NOT appeal to me. Was thinking it would taste like carrot too. Not sure if I should purchase a cake tin or not.. Hmmm... Below are some things I baked before I came to Japan.

Coffee and chocolate eclairs
Hummingbird cake
Sam's homemade bbq chicken pizza
Sam had his school's culture day today. He took some pictures of what some of the students had done. Some of it is very impressive!

This one is really cool. It's made out of lots of little painted triangles. Watch the video!




I thought these were really cool and impressive too! They're made from little dots!





There was ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement).



 There were clothes/ kimonos that students had made.



There were items made out of felt. Pretty amazing in my opinion.




Am looking forward to Sunday ramen after church tomorrow! Felt like I haven't had it for ages!! It's the best weather for ramen too! It's been cold and I'm definitely feeling it! Need to get some thermal shirts and socks (they'd be amazing if they work!!). And... the picture below.. Whahaha... I saw someone do this on a show where they were saying what the most popular snacks were.

Pringle mouth!

2 comments:

  1. I must try making a hummingbird cake! I never have; but I do so love baking carrot cake and zucchini bread! Baking with a microwave would be challenging... but not too challenging for a whizz like you!

    And those cultural crafts are amazing! I especially love the felted goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Japanese dots could meet the Aboriginal dots and see what they come up with! It's all so beautiful and painstaking, especially the tiny triangles seen from multi angles! Ev

    ReplyDelete