Sunday 2 September 2012

bread.. pan.. and.. extract..

We begun our day by visiting a church a little closer to home with another Christian couple on the JET program. Two members of the church were really nice to pick us up from a station 3 stops away. We met a really nice missionary couple from the US, who arrived about 2 months ago, and are planning to do some church planting in the future after learning the language. The service was in Japanese and we got a simultaneous English translation through a receiver. We hung around for lunch that you could get there if you paid 200 yen. It was a beef mince curry. I've never tried a mince curry before, which I thought it was quite interesting.. It had a fairly distinct 'mince' flavour to it.
Sam and I headed into the city for Sam's haircut and got a quick "Kiwi mix protector" (WHAHAHA...) from a burger franchise - Freshness Burger. I think it has pineapple juice, kiwi fruit juice and small pieces of kiwi fruit. Whilst Sam got his haircut I went in search of a store called Francfranc, which a friend in Sydney got some cool cups from. Saw some measuring cups in there and I had to buy them! =P Measuring cups seem to be a VERY rare item here in Japan, as no shop seems to have them.


 Found another international foods store by accident when I left Francfranc. I had a look inside for some vanilla extract (another rare item in Japan) and two other stores that sell foreign foods but no luck so I headed over to Tokyu Hands where I saw some yesterday.


Met up with Sam and we went for some afternoon tea. Sam got a cake called 'Exotique'. It was a mango and coconut mousse cake with some layered sponge. I got some dark chocolate and raspberry cake (can't remember the name). It had chocolate mousse, raspberry mousse, chocolate cake and a brownie-cake base. Sam's one tasted AMAZING!


Bought some tasty looking breads on the way home from a bakery called 'Isuzu'. 

Their No.2 selling item. It's like a baguette with a tasty sausage and mustard in the middle. I recommend this one!


Bread stick with some kind of chicken inside.
Mango melon pan
It's a mango flavoured bread with a mango flavoured cream inside. Very sweet.
Their No.1 item. Curry bread with Scotch egg inside.
Some sort of staff recommended chocolate pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment