Wednesday 12 September 2012

First time... omurice..

Made omurice for dinner tonight. It is a tomato sauce rice with an egg outside. It was my first time cooking it and eating it. Had trouble doing the egg as I had the pan too hot for the first one and I think Sam's one had too much filling as it didn't wanna slide to the edge of the pan. It wasn't as tasty as I thought it would be. I was expecting it to taste really good hearing and seeing it in restaurants, dramas and mangas. It reminded me of a dish we used to get at this chinese/?honkie cafe in Chinatown, baked pork chop rice (literally translated) but not as good. Sam said that the ones he's had out weren't that great. I want to try one at a restaurant now and see if it's better.
My sunburnt omurice..
Sam's omurice

The inside

1 comment: