Tuesday 18 September 2012

Halloween

Seems like halloween is pretty popular here in Japan. I've seen lots of props and LOTS of halloween packaged candy. Reminds me a bit of Christmas back in Australia where they sell things waaayyyy in advance. I did some Christmas decorations at Costco though when we went last week. Saw these halloween kit kats at our local supermarket. They're pumpkin pudding flavour (whatever that is)!! O_O!!! Bought some and just tried one. I wouldn't say it taste like pumpkin though.. can't describe what they taste like. Hmm..


I am getting used to riding my (adult) bike. Haven't really ridden a bike (no gears) since I was a kid and I was always able to put my feet on the ground. I get really scared when I can't put both me feet on the ground when I am sitting on the bike. So we have lowered the seat as low as we could so I could at least tippy toe with both feet. Still get scared when riding near people/ objects and takes me a while to get going.

Anyway.. while I was riding home today the were 3 preschool kids walking up the slope towards me. There was a little boy pushing a bike, the other boy and girl were holding hands and walking. The little girl said konnichiwa to me and it made my heart give the biggest smile!! She was really cute too with her round straw hat, fringe and two low pigtails.

1 comment: