Wednesday 5 September 2012

Today's meals..

Have discovered how to set the rice cooker timer, so it is cooked when I wake up.. =) Don't know if it should be soaking for that long, but it definitely is convenient! Made some teriyaki beef this morning to put in our bentos. It is a good bento filler and will definitely be making it again.


Some other news.. I went into Kobe International Community Centre (KICC) in Sannomiya to apply for a Japanese class on Monday. I was told when I applied that it would take up to a month to find a volunteer, so I was expecting to be waiting for a while. To my surprise I got a call the next day to tell me they found a volunteer for me! I go in to KICC on Friday to meet them which is pretty exciting. 

Made some braised beef and burdock tonight. Have seen a few older ladies buying burdock roots at the supermarket and thought I'd try cooking with it. When you see it, it is a huge long (about 90cm) straight root. Was originally planning to make a side dish with it, but I have to many already. The burdock has an interesting texture as it is quite firm (even after cooking for about 4 hours). The texture reminds me of lotus root. It has a kind of woody? taste to it.

Tonight's dinner - braised beef and burdock

No comments:

Post a Comment